CMC Research Institutes (CMCRI) is a dynamic, environmental technology firm supporting the transformation of Canada’s industrial economy to thrive in a low carbon world.
Content Development Specialist
Contract position with opportunity for renewal
Join Us in Reducing Canada’s Impact on Climate Change!
CMC Research Institutes (CMCRI) is on a mission to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through technology development. We are a not-for-profit corporation that accelerates the research, development and adoption of high-impact, business-smart carbon management technologies and strategies. We work with the world’s top scientists and technology experts at our facilities to advance the commercialization of technologies to monitor, capture, store and use carbon and methane. Through our efforts, we help grow the Canadian economy, increase the country’s competitiveness in world markets, and contribute to the creation of a low carbon future.
If you have passion for science and technology, love to work with a variety of communications platforms, and want to be part of a mission-driven organization this job might be a good fit. We seek a Content Development Specialist to develop and disseminate information about carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) technologies into clear, concise language for government, industry, technology developers, academic audiences and the public. The Specialist’s work will support the mandate of CMCRI by promoting the facilities and services offered by CMCRI, including the use CCUS technologies as a key means to reduce carbon emissions.
CMCRI values diversity and inclusion. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, board members, and stakeholders. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to the communities we serve.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and duties of the position include multi-platform content creation, social media planning and management, events and website maintenance. The day to day tasks of the Content Development Specialist include:
- Develop and execute plans across social media platforms that will increase audience reach and engagement; promote the facilities, activities, and achievements of CMCRI and its partners; and position CMCRI as a thought-leader.
- Support our industry clients by providing communications products and services.
- Manage a variety of communications platforms (print, social media, website, YouTube, etc.) to develop and deliver professional, polished sales and marketing material.
- Conduct research and interviews with staff, clients, researchers, and other stakeholders to develop insightful, interesting, entertaining, and thought-provoking pieces for CMCRI’s newsletter, media releases, and YouTube channel.
- Assist with the development of a bi-monthly and a monthly newsletter to present news of CMCRI achievements and developments as well as a fresh perspective of news from the climate and CCUS sectors. This includes monitoring and analyzing reader engagement, maintaining subscription database, sourcing, and curating content, working with staff researchers to develop and edit content, layout and editing.
- Support development, promotion and execution of events including appearances at trade shows and CMCRI hosted conferences and workshops. Maintain website content and monitor use using Google Analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and time management skills.
- Ability to take a proactive role executing and completing projects.
- Technical writing skills are an asset.
- Experience using social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Knowledge of causes and impacts of climate change and commitment to CMCRI’s mission to reduce carbon emissions through technology development (preferred).
- Familiarity with filming, producing, and editing videos using Adobe Premiere.
- Experience making photographs and video with a DSLR camera is required. (The company uses a Canon 90D for both.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop networks and foster collaborative, productive relationships with staff and external clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems creatively and manage multiple assignments under deadline.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems including WordPress and platforms such as Canva, Hootsuite, MailChimp and EventBrite.
- Basic website design ability.
- Ability to use Wix is an asset.
- Skill/experience with video development and/or podcasting.
- Strong writing, proof reading and editing skills.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- An interest in CMCRI’s mission, and in science and technology in general.
- Diploma or degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related and relevant discipline, or relevant real-world experience.
Must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada. Applicants must be unemployed, underemployed or hold part-time employment.
Send your resume and cover letter, in one PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read Last name_Content Dev Specialist.