Carbon Management Canada is a dynamic, environmental technology firm supporting the transformation of Canada’s industrial economy to thrive in a low carbon world.
Summer Student- Data Analyst
Term Length: 4 months
Start Term: Summer (May 2021– September 2021)
Carbon Management Canada is hiring a Summer Student- Data Analyst. The contract will be for Summer 2021 (tentative start and end dates being May 1, 2021 and August 20, 2021). The Summer Student will report to the Project Manager.
This position will be remote position based out of CMC’s head office in Calgary, AB. The position will be full-time (37.5 hours a week) for a four-month contract, with the opportunity for a permanent position following the contract dependent on performance, need, and funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, transform, integrate and manage data collected at CaMI’s Field Research Station
- Evaluate and expand understanding of current data using analytics and machine learning techniques
- Complete tasks involving mild to moderate physical labour at the Field Research Station
- Perform other duties within CaMI and other departments as needed
- Current and returning student completing a graduate degree in Data Science, Data Management or other related discipline around the use of big data
- A thirst for understanding relationships, patterns, and correlations in scientific data through use of machine learning, modeling, optimization, and data mining approaches
- Research and project experience in analyzing raw data, with proficiency in use of applications such as Matlab, Python, and other tools.
- Inquisitive and adaptable self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management demonstrated by a track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication for academic and industry audiences
- Experience documenting results, creating summaries, and giving presentations
- Proposal writing experience is an asset
Office-Related Working Conditions
- Normal business hours, but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours
- Able to work on a computer for long periods of time
- Required to meet a number of project deadlines
Field Research Station-Related Working Conditions
- Occasional travel to, and work, at CMC’s Field Research Station. Light physical labour (i.e. lifting equipment) may be required
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday May 6th, 2021.
About Carbon Management Canada
Join Us in Reducing Canada’s Impact on Climate Change!
Carbon Management Canada (CMC) is on a mission to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through technology development. We are a not-for-profit corporation that accelerates the research, development and adoption of high-impact, business-smart carbon management technologies and strategies. We work with the world’s top scientists and technology experts at our facilities to advance the commercialization of technologies to monitor, capture, store and use carbon and methane. Through our efforts, we help grow the Canadian economy, increase the country’s competitiveness in world markets, and contribute to the creation of a low carbon future.
CMC values diversity and inclusion. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, board members, and stakeholders. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to the communities we serve.